Friday, February 1, 2008

HAPPY FRIDAY! (and first day of February)

This morning, as I was turning his calendar in his room from Jan. to Feb., I told Owen, who has been waiting patiently for his next birthday (in September), that in February we have 2 birthdays -- Jared's and Nana's. He asked if he could "sella-rate" them too! Pretty sure that includes getting presents! It's so hard not to giggle! (photo is from just after Christmas, when he was "counting" down the time to his birthday!)

Doing scrapbook pages is pretty slow going right now, so I thought I'd show you a few that I did a while ago.

Jared LOVES the rope swing, and I love to watch him! Loved working with the circles -- never did anything like this before. Yes, I know my ring is not even! I traced 2 plates, but one was off center! Oops! I like the look anyway! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the look of craft foam -- especially with letters. The letters are the Sizzlits Wet Paint font. It adds dimension, but it's not bulky!


The Almanzo Wilder farm -- he was Laura Ingalls Wilder's husband. His childhood home is in northern New York.


This past year wasn't easy for Nathan. Too in a hurry to grow up! I love serious-looking photos. In this photo, he was just watching something, and I loved the way he looked. I had no idea at the time how I'd use it if ever, but it turned out to be the perfect look for my journaling! MY TIP: Don't limit yourself to taking pictures of your kids smiling and posing. There are so many looks to capture! I scraplifted this page from Donna Downey in an issue of Simple Scrapbooks Magazine. Hers said, "TRUST in yourself". I made mine "TRUST in God" and used a Scripture verse! It's one of my all-time favorite pages.


Check out the doodly 'frame'! I saw this look on a digital scrapbook website and thought "how easy is that!" It was a little time consuming to cut around the bumps, but it was worth. I love the way it turned out!


Love this page! Super simple page, great photo, great friends!

That's all for now. I have more to share, but I'll wait until the next time I have nothing to post!

blessings, joie

No comments: