Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Still working on some last minute handmade projects. I love to make them; I just wish I would get started earlier. I started my calendar in late November (should've started it in September!), and I'm still not done! I ran out of ideas for pictures. I had to go through this 2007 pictures again this afternoon! I have MANY, but I want just the right ones. Considering the recipient will have each page up for 30 days, I want to choose pictures that reflect my children's personalities (and good looks!). I think I can pull it off! I'd better; my mother-in-law will be here Thursday afternoon, and I still have to take the completed page to Staples to make a couple color copies!

Our Christmas was very nice. It was pretty quiet, as we like it -- just the 5 of us. Although my boys would love to open ALL their Christmas gifts up at one time, it's nice to spread Christmas out over 3 weeks!

Here are a couple pictures from the Sunday School program that Owen was in rare form for! Here he is "swingin' those bells". I've also included a picture of Jared singing. The picture of Nathan didn't come out well, so I opted to leave it out for his sake!


Nathan ended up playing O Holy Night on his guitar, Jared played Silent Night on his harmonica and Owen just acted up -- on Christmas Eve! Here is the Christmas card that I made for my mother. Nathan loves it so much, I'm going to make one for him that'll fit matted in a 8x10 frame so that he can keep it forever! He's really into the memories thing! He's not afraid to tell me that a particular apron (that my mother-in-law made me years ago with snowmen on it) is a great memory for him. In the future, I'll take it out at Christmas and hang it in a place where it can be seen, but I won't wear it much so that I don't wear it out! I'm normally pretty rough on aprons!

Sorry to cut it short, but I'm going to have to wrap things up, as I still have to get ready for my mother-in-law's visit tomorrow, and I still have much to do!

blessings, joie

No comments: