Sunday, August 17, 2008

sunday, august 17, 2008

I took this photo of our table because I love that our placemats--that are out on the table ALL day (probably defying the laws of proper table etiquette) are "learning placemats"! We've been doing that -- changing them as they wear out -- for as long as I can remember! We all have them, and we rotate them.



I did this page a week or so ago. I'm just finally getting around to photographing it! Oh, I "made" the patterned paper. I took a piece of tan card stock and started stamping light circles with a similar (non-contrasting) color. Then I rubbed some ink on to make it look distressed.


Posted by Picasa
Speaking of "distressed", this was a fun project for me today. I liked the papers on the right, but I wanted to make them look "old", "vintage"-like. SO I steeped up some tea and put the 12 x 12 papers in a basin of tea to dye them! Then I let them dry most of the way. After that, I crumpled them up, flattened them with my hands, and ran some brown ink over the creases and bumps. Then I ironed them out as smoothly as I could! I love the look! It's such a difference! With the crumpling and the ironing, the paper shrunk a little! These will be perfect with old Christmas pictures. I suppose the 'presents' one can be used for an old birthday page... I even did some sanding to take some of the color off, but you can't see it from here. I love knowing that I can alter paper or cardstock to make it just right for my project!

Keeping it short tonite!

blessings, joie


1 comment:

Nancy said...

You are so clever-I love your distressed pages!
Nancy