Wednesday, December 5, 2007

SCRIPTURE BELL

I found this on a website and thought it was SO COOL! Here' a link where you can find it http://usmarinemama.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!87AB16D5179E5E4F!2368.entry

After printing a bunch of copies of The Bell, it might be a fun project for groups of young ones to do with their photo on the other side for a Christmas ornament!


The Bell
I KNOW WHO I AM
I am God's child (John 1:12)
I am Christ's friend (John 15:15)
I am united with the Lord (1 Cor. 6:17)
I am bought with a price (1 Cor. 6:19-20)
I am a saint (set apart for God). (Eph. 1:1)
I am a personal witness of Christ (Acts 1:8)

I am the salt & light of the earth (Matt.. 5:13-14)
I am a member of the body of Christ (1 Cor 12:27)
I am free forever from condemnation (Rom.8: 1-2)
I am a citizen of Heaven. I am significant (Phil.3 :20)
I am free from any charge against me (Rom. 8:31-34)
I am a minister of reconciliation for God (2 Cor.5:17-21)
I have access to God through the Holy Spirit (Eph 2:18)
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Eph . 2:6)
I cannot be separated from the love of God (Rom.8:35-39)
I am established, anointed, sealed by God (2 Cor. 1:21-22)
I am assured all things work together for good ( Rom. 8: 28)
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16)
I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph. 3: 12)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13)
I am the branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15: 1-5)
I am God's temple (1 Cor. 3: 16). I am complete in Christ (Col. 2: 10)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3). I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am God's co-worker (1 Cor. 3:9; 2 Cor 6: 1). I am God's workmanship (Eph. 2:10)
I am confident that the good works God has begun in me will be perfected (Phil. 1: 5)
I have been redeemed and forgiven (Col. 1:14). I have been adopted as God's child (Eph 1:5)
I belong to God !

Happy Wednesday! I'm about to embark on another craft/gift project. This time, I'm making a small scrapbook album with photos of my boys from the first one's first Christmas until now. That would be 11 years. It'll be held together with a ring or a pull chain, so that we can add pages to it as the years go on. Not certain yet if I'll be using cds for the album or chipboard circles or squares. Here's a photo of a cd ornament I made last night. I might leave the back bare since it's already shiny silver and will reflect Christmas lights! Today I made color copies at Staples. The copies will make it lighter and less bulky than photos.

One more thing. In the past, we've used a JESUS Stocking to put our burdens/sins in. On the video Red Boots for Christmas, Hans, the shoemaker asks Gretchen, the old and poor wood gatherer, what gift she would give to God for Christmas. Her answer was the same as she gives Him everyday, "my sins for His pardon". That makes me tear up every time! One brother might be struggling with another brother's bad attitude toward him or another might be sinning against someone else. He'll then write that down and place it in the stocking. Let me warn you that if you read these privately, they'll probably make you cry. However, if you tell your children that nobody except God will ever know what is in the Jesus stocking, I encourage you to dispose of them. But you might want to encourage them to confess to the one that they've been sinning against, be it you, a brother, friend and God. Of course, if we sin against ANYONE, we're also sinning against Him. I also tell my boys to write out blessings that they're thankful for. It's a great teaching tool. To make the stocking, I simply purchased a pre-made stocking from the craft section at Walmart. I cut the letters from stiff felt, also found at Walmart, and glued them on the stocking.

blessings, joie

No comments: