Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cookie Baking and Eternal Life

Yesterday, we went to my sister's and my parents'. They live in a log house, and my parents have an apartment, originally made for my grandmother 20 years ago. We went with the intention of making cookies. Here are the boys cutting out yummy sugar cookies with my mother.









This evening, I go to the services of my father's brother who died last Saturday. It's always hard; my heart breaks for my aunt and my cousin. It certainly should make us all think about how fragile life is. Do we know where we will spend eternity? I know where I'm going. I say it with confidence because 17 years ago I put my trust in the Lord Jesus Christ who suffered and died on the cross in MY place! He did it for you too. He wants everyone to accept His free gift of salvation and life eternal with Him. By believing in Him and trusting in Him as Lord and Savior, anyone can have that assurance. We are all sinners, we ALL need Him. There's nothing we can do, apart from Him, to get into Heaven. We will never be worthy. It is by His grace that we can enter.... Trust in the Living God today. Don't wait. Tomorrow may be too late...

blessings, joie

No comments: