Wednesday, August 12, 2009

POOL FUN & PURGING!

Please add yourself as a "follower" of my blog! Feel free to leave a comment! It's fun to know who reads my blog!

Jared had a blast yesterday jumping in the pool! I don't know who had more fun, him jumping or me catching him in mid air on "film"! This pool is so small, but they've had so much fun in the last week staying cool!














For the past 2 days, my friend Jackie has been helping me purge and organize. It's not been fun for me. The conversation has been great, but the letting go is hard for me. It's emotionally draining. Does that make sense! I have a long way to go, but we're making progress. She's getting good at crackin' the whip! Don't know if we'll be friends when we're done! (just kidding, Jackie!!) I've gotten so bad at saving everything. What can I say: I'm a scrapbooker! Where do you think the word "scrapbook" came from!!!!
I don't feel liberated yet, but when I see the office area and my scrapbook area neat and organized, I will. Much of that is up to me. Jackie can't come here forever! She has a life! I told her that if she got other clients--or patients--she could do this for a living! Which means she could join the ranks of Dave Ramsey and Jenny Craig by helping people, and having work for the rest of her life! Somehow, with all the TV shows about the subject, I don't think I'm a rarity here! Hanging on to things is a common problem! But I prefer the term "Clutter Bug" over "Pack Rat". That term sounds so harsh!
I know that the organization and neatness will help put order in our day. It will help in our homeschool efforts -- it will help me to not be distracted and stressed. The boys will know right where to find things. They lose their stuff as much as I do!
Jackie gave me "homework" to have done before she comes back on Friday! I don't want to do it! I think I'll head to bed early--11pm is early for me--and wake up rested and rarin' to go! Yeah, I think I'll do that!
If I have time tomorrow, I'll post again and add a few more pictures that my MIL sent me of Jim and the boys at a lock. They're cool!
Until next time...
blessings, joie


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Me said...

I love the mid-air pics! I also enjoy trying to get shots that are best at a certain split-second. Not so good at it yet, though! Purging hurts, but you're right about the payoff. Homework? Uh-oh! Hope that Jackie isn't working you too hard!

Nancy said...

Fantastic pictures! You really have a knack.