Monday, August 3, 2009

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL SUMMER DAY!

Please add yourself as a "follower" of my blog! Feel free to leave a comment! It's fun to know who reads my blog!
Spent a few hours today reading on the back porch again -- beautiful day! In fact, there is no rain in the 7-day forecast! That's a first for this summer, I think!

It's like pulling teeth to get my boys to stay outside on beautiful days! I don't get it! Foolishly, I let them watch the NASCAR race at noon--it was rained out yesterday. Their guy didn't even win! I won't do that again. I've got to limit race car watching to the last 1/2 hour to an hour! Its crazy to watch it for 3 or 4 hours. Their guy may be in the lead for the first 30 laps, then lose miserably. And they get all worked up! It's not worth it -- unless Jim wants to watch it.

I'm really enjoying this book by Rick & Marilyn Boyer. They've written several homeschool books, but this is my first. Our library system doesn't carry their books, but maybe the church library does.

Owen played in water for several hours this afternoon. I love the pretend play!

I love it when I don't have to make dinner! Nathan made homemade pizza! He even made the dough! He loves to cook and bake! It's a break I really love to have once a week of so! I tell him "chicks dig a guy who cooks!"



love this!


What do you get when you cross a "big bumpy pickle" (Goliath from Veggie Tales' Dave & the Giant Pickle) with a T-Rex?


This!

MMMM!

blessings, joie

Posted by Picasa

No comments: