Monday, June 22, 2009

Greetings!


Last week I watched a great movie with the boys (not Owen) that I had purchased. As you may know, I'm very particular about what my boys view and listen to. Well, this
one was perfect for them! It had a hero, a villian, action, adventure, battles, defeat, victory, sadness, happiness, and more! The movie is called
Pendragon, Sword of His Father. You can see a movie trailer by going to the website. It's set in 411 A.D. on the Isle of Brittania when the Saxons wanted control of the island.
It's recommended for 12+, but it was fine for Jared. However, it might not be for other 10 year olds.


Owen made a gift for his daddy for father's day...

The photo is from 2.5 years ago!
Jim had never seen it!



Nathan and Jared made pizza for Father's Day dinner. I napped on Father's Day--4 of us have had colds. Mine is on the downside and N & J are almost done. Owen, fortunately, didn't have it too badly.


Tonight I finished reading aloud On The Far Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George. It was a great story, and what made it extra cool was that it was set in the Catskill and Helderberg Mountains. My mother grew up near the Helderbergs, and all the towns the characters went through were all familiar to me! This is the 2nd book in a series by Mrs. George. The last book, Frightful's Mountain Jared wants to read by himself. He's not much of a reader, so I'm happy to let him! Nathan's not too happy, because he really enjoys me reading aloud to them. Nathan has already read all three books, but he wants me to read them aloud. He's my reader. He'll read just about anything. We'll just have to find another book to read aloud. I have several to choose from.

It's been a strange June. It's been hot here and there, cool at times, rainy at times. We haven't put our Intex pool up yet, pretty much because it hasn't been hot very long. NOW, it's hot! Jim wants to make a wooden frame and fill it with sand to put the pool on. Last year, it was in a spot that never dried, and it smelled like cows lived here! We're very limited to where we can put it because we want to keep it as level as possible. The boys are complaining alot today about the heat! And I'm limited to Jim's days off--which we never know from week to week when they'll be! For instance, he just found out an hour ago (3:30) that he has tomorrow off!

Until next time...

blessings, joie

Posted by Picasa

No comments: