Monday, April 6, 2009

HAPPY SPRING! APRIL ALREADY!

Still here! I can't believe I haven't written in so long! As I write, Jared is sitting beside me doing his science work. Nathan's upstairs working on something and Owen is flying paper birds! We found these really cool books by Norman Schmidt -- flying birds, paper airplanes, kites, etc.


Our weather has been so crazy! Last week, even I was outside -- on a high 60's day! Then it got really chilly -- 40's rainy and/or windy! Today its rainy.

The boys are involved in a musical in church. They've been rehearsing Sunday nights and will be until the show in mid July--wrapping up Vacation Bible School week. In the beginning, Nathan didn't even want to try out for it! Jared is very animated, so it didn't surprise me that he wanted to get involved. In the past, if you were in the VBS production, that was what you did all week for VBS. The boys want to be involved in other things, like the sports program or another workshop. This year, they're doing things differently. You don't have to give up a workshop to be in the production; that's why they're doing rehearsals all this spring (minus holidays and spring break) But I remember when they first started, Nathan reluctantly agreed to go to a meeting just to check things out. He was willing to sing in a group... then after a rehearsal or two, he decided he might try out for a speaking part! He ended up getting a speaking part with several lines. Although Jared's part only has one speaking line, he will be singing a solo! Needless to say, I'm thrilled! Granted, they found parts for all the kids that tried out, but I'm still tickled about it! We will be working on pride over the next three months (for me too!)

Speaking of pride... Saturday I was taking pictures of Owen and myself goofing around hugging--picture it: I was holding the camera pointing at myself! Anyway when he looked into the display on the back of the camera, he said that he didn't like the way he looked in the picture. Without hesitation, he said, "THAT'S pride!" My heart just melted. I couldn't believe that my 4.5 year old recognized that right away. It's a nice feeling that we're doing something right (or maybe it was from a Bibleman episode -- I'll take it anyway!

I haven't yet found out how to upload my pictures from the camera. Sorry!

Until then...

blessings, joie

No comments: