Thursday, March 5, 2009

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!

Today is my birthday; I will be 47 later this morning. (actually, my birthday is March 6. When I went to post this, it was 2 minutes after midnight, but the date at the top shows up as March 5th!) My sisters Donna and Brenda are supposed to come over for lunch (barring weather problems). Check out the cute picture of me below!

This past Tuesday night my 3 sisters and I sang Amazing Grace at a wake service. It was for our Aunt's sister. We called her Sister Mary -- she was a nun. She was a delightful woman, and she will be missed. We've been singing Amazing Grace together for years -- first time at our cousin's wedding in the early 70's. Click here to see a post from a while back of us getting ready for our cousin's wedding! First you'll see snow photos on that page of my boys. Just scroll down and you'll see my two older sisters and me. Brenda was too young; she was a junior bridesmaid at that wedding! My cousin wanted We've Only Just Begun, but the church wouldn't allow it. In the last 13 years, we've been singing it at funerals for family members. It's such a great song with such an awesome message!


me




This is one of my favorite cds! I love Kristyn Getty's voice.
And her husband, Keith is such a wonderful songwriter.

I also have and LOVE the latest cd by The Gaither Vocal Band: Lovin Life! Everything about it is great. Yes, I know that this group of four is no longer together. Guy Penrod and Marsh Hall left the group. It is now: Bill Gaither, Wes Hampton, Mark Lowry, David Phelps, and Michael English! So the group of four is now a group of five. It will be interesting to see how that will work out. I'm very disappointed that Guy left, but he has to go as the Lord leads him...

I have a new favorite movie. I never watch movies, so my list of favorites is very small. Several weeks ago, we watched Flywheel. Flywheel was the first movie from the creators of Facing the Giants and Fireproof (we've not yet seen Fireproof--although it is in our posession, as my sister lent it to us).It's very late, so I should be going! Until next time...

blessings, joie

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Donna Gleason said...

Hello!!?? NOT YOUR BIRTHDAY ANYMORE!! :-)