Friday, January 2, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year to all! Here are some photos from the past week or so. Jim took the boys, with my mother-in-law, bowling Tuesday of this week. She was here in town from last Sunday until today!


Owen's first time bowling, Nathan photographer



Owen with 'Cutie Monkey' on Christmas Eve



Nathan & Jared played a song on Christmas Eve



Jared playing "The Little Drummer Boy" with Nathan accompanying (I thought I'd cry when I heard them. It was SO cool to hear my boys play together) Our evening went from Chinese dinner, to church for the candlelight service, to Daddy reading the Christmas story from Luke, to singing carols around the tree with lots of harmony!




Candlelight at the Christmas Eve service




YUMMY Cashew Crunch -- love this stuff (joie made)




being goofy -- Nathan with Jim's glasses, Owen with my reading glasses, Jared with work goggles!



A week or so ago, Jared received a letter in response to an Operation Christmas Child box that we gave. God sent this one to Zimbabwe! Sid is 8, so he wrote his note to Jared, since Jared is closest to his age. I cried when Jared read it! It just touched my heart that this boy was touched in some way by this wonderful ministry! What amazes me is that it was only 4 weeks from the time we dropped the box off at church during collection week and the time Jared received the letter from Africa!

letter from Sid




Just click on the photo, and you can read the journaling. Having so much fun with the new feature to put text on photos.
I printed this out in 8x10 to scrapbook. The tree really did look so pretty this year!
That's it for now! Until next time...
blessings, joie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: