Tuesday, May 13, 2008

HERE I GO AGAIN!

Here I go again! I haven't posted in 3 weeks!

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! Mine was a pretty regular day -- except for the card from Jared, the poem from Nathan and the cup of flowers that Owen gave me (from his Sunday school class)! Jim had a terrible night's sleep Saturday, so he slept a good part of Sunday, then had to go to work Sunday afternoon around 4:30. He's still training with the night guy in his new job. Can't wait until he has more "regular" hours! In the trucking business, the hours aren't typical -- 9am to 5pm. That's pretty much unheard of! Drivers are at the mercy of the customer and the company. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad job, and I thank God again and again that Jim will have day hours soon, but it'll still be hard to make plans! Anyway, after going to church with the boys, we pretty much just hung out all day. We had a Mother's Day dessert with our neighbors after Jim left.

I've finally started to scrapbook again! I've had scrapbooker's paralysis lately. Can anyone relate? I don't know why, but when I sit down to pick out photos, I get so stressed and don't end up getting anywhere. Actually, I think I DO know why. I see pages all the time in magazines, idea books and on websites that I love so much and want to "scraplift"{duplicate}, but when it comes time to work, it's too overwhelming! When I think SIMPLE, and accept the fact that I don't HAVE to do really crafty pages, I seem to do okay. When I was a Creative Memories consultant years ago, I taught that it was more important to get photos and journaling on the page rather than worry about getting too crafty. I taught that you should keep most of your pages simple and save crafty pages for once in a while. Here I am, almost 10 years later, and I'm stuck on the same thing I warned against! So I'm thrilled to have completed 3 "simple" pages in the past week! If I keep going like this, maybe I'll do a really crafty page soon. I like layers and bulk and collage-type pages. We'll see...
Jared reading!


N & J at 2.5 and 6 months! SWEET!


Hanging out waiting for a rescue truck to go by!


Owen is learning to swing on the big-boy's swing. Since Nathan & Jared were born the same time of year, they learned things around the same time -- like riding a bike or swinging by themselves or tying their shoes. As far as riding a bike or learning to swing, the summer is the key. Owen will either be learning things 6 months earlier or 6 months later. Understand what I mean? N & J learned to swing by themselves -- pumping along -- when they were 4 and a few months. Owen will either learn this summer -- BEFORE he turns 4 or next summer when he's 4 3/4! It's not really important, but it's interesting to me -- the Mom! I need to document these things, because it's fun to look back to see who learned WHAT, WHEN! Nathan rode a bike w/training wheels the summer after he turned 4. So did Jared. BUT Nathan went w/out training wheels when he was 6, but so did Jared the same summer when he was 4! Who cares, you're probably thinking!!! (FYI, in Nathan's defense, they rode big tricycles with big tires in our gravel driveway for a long time, because it was too hard to ride a bike with training wheels.Nathan & Jared trying to teach Owen to swing!

Gotta run. I hear yelling outside. Typical!

blessings,
joie

No comments: